Grilled Corn & Cherry Tomato Salad
This healthy and colorful grilled corn and tomato salad pairs particularly well with grilled meats and poultry, but you can serve it with just about any main course you prefer.
You might consider serving this grilled corn and tomato salad with one of these main dish ideas:
Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad Tip
If fresh corn is not in season, substitute 1 cup frozen sweet corn prepared according to package instructions.
- *2 large ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Brush corn with melted butter before placing corn and red onion slices on a pre-heated gas grill over medium direct heat, or indoors on a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray set over medium-high heat.
- Cook corn until kernels are slightly charred, rotating one-quarter turn every couple of minutes until each side is done. Flip red onion once while the corn is cooking. Remove vegetables from heat and slice kernels from cob with a sharp knife. Discard cobs and transfer onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately with your choice of main dish. Enjoy!
Pin Grilled Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad to Pinterest